This course is for OpenEdge® developers who will be creating REST services on PASOE
(Progress Application Server for OpenEdge) using both the built-in and custom WebHandlers.
After taking this course, you should:
• know what makes a service ‘RESTful’
• be introduced to a common URI design approach
• understand HTTP requests & responses
• be able to use the built-in DataObjectHandler (i.e. create Business Entities)
• how to customise Business Entity HTTP responses
• be able to create custom WebHandlers for sending and receiving text/JSON and binary
data (including file upload & download)
• know how to detect problem requests and respond with appropriate HTTP status codes
• have options for versioning REST services
• be aware of WebHandler differences on development vs. production PASOE
• gain an insight to REST API testing with Postman
23 September 2021 | Virtual French
2 November 2021 | Virtual English APJ
29 November 2021 | Virtual English
Contact education@progress for more dates and locations
Training courses are available for all of our different products, from OpenEdge to Sitefinity, and also span a wide variety of different job titles and skill levels. Help your team stay up to date with technology trends and get the most out of your Progress technology investment.
You have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information at any time.
You can also ask us not to pass your Personal Information to third parties here: Do Not Sell My Info