Integrate with Frontify
Integrate with Frontify
To integrate with Frontify, you must install the Fronify nuget package and create a Frontify storage provider.
- Navigate to Administration » Settings » Storage providers.
- Click Add storage provider.
- Fill out a Provider name.
- Select Frontify as Provider type.
- Click Continue.
- Fill out URL.
This is the URL of your Frontify Domain. You can see your Frontify Domain URL in the Frontify Account Settings.
- Fill out the Script URL.
- Fill out the Client ID.
You can see your Client ID in the Frontify application settings. For more information, refer to Frontify’s documentation OAuth2 Client.
- (Optional) Configure the supported thumbnail formats.
In case you want to change the format of the thumbnails, you can configure the supported formats in this field.
- Click Done.
- Restart Sitefinity CMS.
You can now add media from Frontify to your Sitefinity content items and related media fields. For more information on how to add media to related fields, see Related data and related media.
When adding media from Frontify, Sitefinity CMS uses the Frontify Media Library UI. For more information on the UI, refer to the Frontify documentation Getting Started with Libraries: Backend & Frontend.
Crop Frontify images
You can crop images that come from your Frontify library by creating a thumbnail profile. For more information, see Thumbnails.
To create custom image crops, you must determine a focal point of the image in Frontify. For more information, refer to Frontify’s documentation Custom crop and focal point.
When the focal point has been determined in Frontify, Sitefinity CMS focuses on that area when the image is cropped.
IMPORTANT: To use media from Frontify in related media custom fields, you must use the default source for this site or all sources. For more information, see Add a Related media custom field.
Frontify specifics and limitations
There are some limitations specific to the Frontify integration:
- Due to Frontify limitations, importing documents is currently not supported.
- Your browser must be configured to allow popups to authenticate with Frontify.
- You must require Cliend id from Frontify before setting up in Sitefinity. This is used for the authentication process. For more information, refer to Frontify’s documentation OAuth2 Client.
- Frontify Finder works for sites hosted under http only for localhost. If the domain is different, then it should be hosted under https.