Client-side programming and Web services
Sitefinity CMS introduces a RESTful Web Services API, which allows you to create and consume content from your website using the oData protocol. The main benefits of using these services are the following:
- Support for multiple RESTful API services
- User-friendly UI for configuration of the services
- Control over the set of content types that are exposed
- Option to allow anonymous access per profile or type
- Easy access to related data
- Auto-generated API reference
- Support for saved queries and calculated fields
The SDK can be used in web or mobile applications.
Using Sitefinity CMS UI, you can include in your web service the following types of content:
- News items
- Blogs and Blog posts
- Events and Calendars
- Images and Image libraries
- Videos and Video libraries
- Documents and Document libraries
- Lists and List items
- Dynamic content
- Shared content blocks
- Flat and Hierarchical taxonomies
Detailed API reference
For each created web service, Sitefinity CMS generates an API reference.
- To access it, navigate to Administration » Web services.
- Click the Use in your app link of the respective service.
NOTE:You can also access the docs via /<route-URL>/<your-service-URL>/sfhelp