Predefine semantic URLs
You can use the type methods functionality to predefine semantic URLs to handle requests.
EXAMPLE: You may not want to query a service via the following oData query string:
In this case, you could map the URL to the following URL:
This way, you can define URLs that are easier to read and use.
To define a semantic URL, perform the following:
- Navigate to Administration » Settings » Advanced » WebServices » Routes.
- Select the route to your service and click Services.
- Select the service and select the type, where you want to register a new type and click Types.
- Select the type where you want to define a method and click Predefined methods » Create new.
- In Name, enter the semantic URL
- In Querystring, enter the original oData query string for which you want to define a more user-friendly URL
- Save your changes.