We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Technical Support Manager for our DC+I/DataDirect group within our Morrisville, NC location.JOB SUMMARY
The Progress support team offers state of the art assistance by providing appropriate solutions to issues at every point in our customer’s journey. This team focuses on our world class data connectivity and decision process automation products. You will own the customer-experience and implement strategic initiatives in line with our business objectives.WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE:
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Lead and manage a team 7 engineers and be a point of contact for two products.
- Become the primary global support management expert for our data connectivity and decision process automation products.
- Aim at high levels of engagement, get involved in engagement initiatives, and create action plans to address key factors of engagement.
- Build a strong collaborative culture within your organization and cross functionally.
- Ensure employees are adequately trained to perform their work proficiently.
- Leverage team strength, coach employees, and help them grow to the next level.
- Understand and communicate the team's strategy and address any questions independently.
- Drive the definition and adoption of metrics that appropriately capture your team’s operational performance.
- Understand compensation and other financial data for effective decision-making.
- Understand budgets and costs of the team in terms of payroll expenses, product costs, etc.
- Drive case closure and success of balancing cases regionally and internationally as needed.
- Ensure quality of hot-fixes before delivery to customers.
- Build highly-effective cross-team collaboration and exchange of expertise to deliver on product line objectives.
- Follow up with customers directly with neutral or dissatisfied scores and take corrective action.
- Manage case and/or account level escalations.
- Suggest improvement of processes and practices for the team
- Ensure the team members are adequately trained to perform their work proficiently.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent program.
- Extensive experience managing a technical support team.
- Ability to exercise integrity and a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to demonstrate consistency in actions and values.
- Can work independently while still being able to work cohesively with teams
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!