We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Technical Support Engineer for our Chef product group in Bangalore, India Office(Remote is an Option)
The Technical Support Engineer requires a candidate with solid communications skills and a deep understanding of infrastructure, systems engineering, and coding/scripting. This individual will be expected to take and understand customer feedback, objectives and issues in order to help the customer resolve the root cause of their issues.
This position can be done from any location, but candidates in Mountain (MT) and Pacific (PST) time zones are preferable at this time.
The ideal candidate will:
- Engages and collaborates with other Progress employees and with Progress partners in gaining resolution to critical, complex issues in system design/execution as related to Chef products.
- Participates in daily ticket triage.
- Participates in the distribution of support tasks among the members of the System Engineering staff.
- Participates in an on-call rotation with the rest of the support team.
- Takes proactive ownership in identifying and recommending product improvements based on key data points.
- Drives a great customer experience with each support incident, contributing to customer satisfaction and loyalty and amplifying the value of Chef products and services
- Investigating any apparent technical discrepancies/deficiencies within the Chef product line, often based upon verbal description and/or remote investigation, understanding the technical issues present.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting the problem remotely, which frequently will require re-creating a virtual version of the system environment used by the customer.
- Performing testing and analysis to evaluate the solution for the discrepancy/deficiency.
- Representing Progress in relevant customer communications.
- Responding to questions from customers on system automation, configuration management, and continuous delivery software, et al, including such software’s configuration, use, and functionality, and leading resolution of technical issues
To be successful in this role we need someone who has:
- 3+ years experience in Systems Engineering / Administration with firm understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows architectures.
- 3+ years experience with system and application services scripting and general programming languages (additional scripting or programming language exposure and experience a bonus).
- Previous experience working in technical support or in an administrative, consulting or development capacity on an enterprise client or server product.
- Passion for learning, collaborating with others and being an all-around customer advocate. A love for debugging complex technical issues at every level of a modern application stack.
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef/Ansible/Puppet.
- Experience with version control (e.g. git)
- Experience with TCP/IP networking and web services.
- Experience in High availability design and troubleshooting (e.g. DRBD, keepalived) a plus.
- Strong written communication skills mandatory for this role. You will be tested on your ability to write cohesive, cognitive and concise customer communications during the interview. An ability to communicate effectively under pressure is mandatory.
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like Marriage leave, Casual Leave, Maternity leave, Paternity Leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents, Personal accident insurance coverage, Life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans