We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as an Accountant in our Bedford, MA office. JOB SUMMARY:
As a Staff Accountant, you will be joining a fun, and dynamic team who thrive on collaboration and team efforts to accomplish tasks. As part of the Corporate Accounting team, you will have a great opportunity to learn how essential Accounting processes and related functions work; while having daily exposure to a variety of projects and business critical tasks.WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE:
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Support the following major Accounting processes and related functions; North America General Ledger Close, World-Wide Consolidation, and Internal/External Reporting
- Perform month end closing, day to day accounting operations, account reconciliations for general ledger accounts, reconcile intercompany accounts, and prepare detailed analyses.
- Support the internal and external audit teams
- Assisting with developing new processes and/or reporting requirements for new activities that occur as the business grows
- Maintain a continuous improvement mindset and proactively identify, review and implement process improvements
- Maintain and ensure ongoing compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Perform any other projects assigned by the Accounting Manager on an as-needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting along with accounting based experience
- Willingness to roll up their sleeves to get tasks done
- Experience with ERP and reporting systems preferred
- Ability to adapt rapidly to changing priorities – flexibility, teamwork, collaborative work style and positive attitude
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail, and the ability to meet the deadlines
- Proficiency with Excel skills. (e.g. high comfort level with consolidation and joining data, creating formulas, etc.)
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and internal control procedures
- Must be a self-starter and take initiative
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!