At Progress we have an opportunity for a Software Engineer to join our Telerik UI for WinForms team and work on latest technology .NET CORE 3 and UI trends, modernizing desktop apps with .NET core.
Our company helps developers become superheroes, and our team is responsible for UI for WinForms components. The UI for WinForms enables our clients to solve their development challenges with a high-performance UI Components, showing how to use the latest Windows Forms capabilities in Desktop applications. Our customers are software developers, like us. They are continuously demanding top quality, clean and intuitive APIs and real implementations and we are continuously learning from them.
What you’ll be focused on:
- Take responsibility for building components, functionalities, enhancement and maintenance of existing ones
- Examine an existing code base in detail, which may include VB, and rewrite the components using a .NET Core 3.0
- Continually learn, research and contribute ideas on how to improve our components development and processes.
- Participate in knowledge sharing with other team members
- Write clean, maintainable and readable code, according to the team coding standards
- Write unit tests and ensure continuous integration and backwards compatibility
- Participate in code reviews and provide guidance to drive personal and code quality improvements
- Investigate problems of diverse scope, identify and resolve bugs with different complexity
- Keep current of the product inner workings: architecture, components, API, features, documentation
- Providing technical advice to clients’ inquiries according to the best practices for native and cross-platform architecture
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Solid experience with C# and .NET
- Good knowledge of WinForms
- Good spoken and written English
- Previous experience creating UI components (no matter the platform) is a plus
- Eagerness to learn and improve
- Focus and knowledge for writing optimized, high performance and memory efficient code
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days’ vacation + an extra day off for your birthday
- Generous work-from home allowance
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite
- Kids' Center onsite
- And many other perks
We would be happy to hear from you! Apply now!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!