We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Web Designer in our Design & Customer Experience team.
The Senior Web Designer develops original creative concepts in consistency with the corporate visual brand guidelines. You will collaborate closely with UX, marketing and engineering communicating directly with stake holders.
You will collaborate with the Marketing team and various other teams in the company, communicating directly with stake holders and vendors. You will maintain and evolve a strong corporate web presence by creating and enhancing several Design Systems, establishes and reinforces consistent design patterns, guiding team members and other people in the company into following them properly.
You will maintain and evolve a strong Progress brand identity by creating and enhancing the brand guidelines, establishes and reinforces consistent design patterns, guiding team members and other people in the company into following them properly.
Please, note that this is a maternity-cover position with approximate duration of up to 2 years
- Initiate brainstorming sessions
- Create intelligent, original, cutting-edge design concepts that are both uniquely creative and communicate the brand message effectively
- Oversee, mentor and train junior and regular design team members
- Participate in visual design presentations to stakeholders
- Support and maintain existing Design Systems
- Represent the creative team in meetings and presentations where required
- Acts as a resource to the company on new and emerging trends in digital media, mentoring and training where applicable, cultivating continuous creative improvement
- Develop detailed behavior of web elements for production and communicate directly with vendors/front-end developers to follow production through
- Evolve the corporate web assets and ensure creative objectives are aligned with brand and company objectives
- Should be comfortable to take over and execute UX tasks when needed – Creating prototypes, wireframes, talk to users and brainstorm on UX problems
- Work closely with UX team to implement upfront research, user testing, and analytics feedback into design concepts.
- Maintain and evolve the visual brand identity and develop and enhance the brand guidelines when necessary
- Strong professional Web focused graphic design experience.
- Solid professional experience in the field of Advertising, Graphic Design and Marketing
- Expertise in modern web design tools such as Sketch, Adobe XD or similar
- Expertise in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Experience with design hand-off tools such as Sympli, InvisionApp or similar
- Strong understanding of the psychology of visual perception and visual hierarchy
- Ability to explain the thought process behind visual design solutions, and rally people around stated design goals
- Meticulous, pixel-perfect eye for detail
- Strong communication skills, positive attitude and an inspiring work ethic
- Exceptional aesthetic sensibility and strong knowledge in design fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of design fundamentals, layout, typography, microcopy, information hierarchy, and web specifications
- Demonstrated understanding of information flow, readability, and interface usability principles
- Good understanding of the technical foundations upon which websites are built
- Experience leveraging user research, key performance indicators, and site analytics to help make informed design decisions
- Mastery of design functionalities in Microsoft office Word, PPT
- Ability to work across different channels / mediums; identity, print, packaging, web and digital media will be an advantage
- Experience with branding, corporate identity and creation/application of corporate identity guidelines
- Good illustration and data visualization skills
- Strong typographic skills, understanding of type hierarchy and structure
- Basic animation skills and video story boarding knowledge
If the above fits your experience and career goals, then we would be happy to hear from you!
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days’ vacation + an extra day off for your birthday
- Generous work-from home allowance
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite
- Kids' Center onsite
- And many other perks
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!