We’re Progress - we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins.We are looking for Senior Software Engineer with strong experience in C/C++ ,serves in the development and support of product features and components of high complexity. Ensures code design, testing, and maintenance meet high quality standards.
DataDirect team provides world class data connectivity solutions for relational databases, big data sources and cloud data sourceAs a member of the team you will be expected to:
- Perform analysis, design, programming and modifying programs for DataDirect products
- Proficient with C/C++ and multiple operating systems, proficiency with Java will be added advantage.
- Expected to work with various scripting languages; technologies such as Perforce, TeamPulse, Collaborator, Visual Studio, Eclipse, Veracode, PREfast; multiple types of operating systems; and multiple types of database management systems; Security protocols such as Kerberos, SSL, OAuth, or SAML; multiple types of operating systems including Windows, Linux, Unix, or MacOS; REST and/or SOAP; SQL and database management principles (e.g., relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, DB2; NoSQL databases such as Mongo; or cloud sources such as Salesforce); and Visual Studio and/or a Java IDE
- Provides support and guidance for other developers, customer support, sales, and marketing.
- Demonstrate sound judgment in approaching technical and procedural questions
- Demonstrate proficiency with development tools and build processes.
- Ensure that their efforts are consistent with departmental and company goals.
- Keeps abreast of industry activities and may participate in standards or industry-wide activities.
- Provides support and guidance to other members of their group or team. Ensures that that guidance is consistent with departmental and company goals.
- Acts as an expert resource for narrow topics for other persons in the department.
- Reviews software developed by other team members and relay their findings to those teams.
- May work with customer support and other groups within development in the course of their work.
- Can direct their own activities with respect to developing programs or subsystems and writing codes
- Is able to independently resolve of complex projects, issues, challenges encountered
- Demonstrates a degree of flexibility in resolving problems/issues that attest to in-depth command of all techniques, processes, tools and standards within the relevant field of specialization
- Is self-sufficient, capable of identify key issues and priorities and focusing on these to deliver required results with minimal direction
- Writes functional specs
- Able to provide comments on Function specs
- Reasonably good skills to schedule and break down tasks
- Understand and use engineering processes and practices
- Able to handle challenges in communicating with remote teams
То be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- The ideal candidate must want to work in a dynamic agile environment involving multiple technologies and be dedicated to getting the job done. The successful candidate is, highly motivated, quality conscious with a strong attention to detail, and exhibits a history of achievement in their career to date.
- A BTech/MTech degree in Computer Science or equivalent foundational experience
- Practical project experience in software system design and testing
- Strong years of experience using C, C++, Java
- Knowledge of data structures and operating systems internals
- Comfortable working on both Unix and Windows operating systems
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills
- Learns new technologies independently
- Works independently and meets tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with software development tools and environments
- Experience in an agile scrum development environment
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy :
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like Marriage leave ,Casual leave, Maternity leave , Paternity Leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents ,Personal accident insurance coverage,Life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga , Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!