Progress is an experienced, trusted provider of products designed with customers in mind, so they can develop the applications they need, deploy where and how they want and manage it all safely and securely. We take pride in what we do, always valuing the whole person—at work and in life. Our diverse life experiences enrich our culture because people power progress. And as a Software Engineer in our Sofia office, you can join us in doing what we do best: propelling business forward.
MOVEit provides secure collaboration and automated file transfers of sensitive data and advanced workflow automation capabilities without the need for scripting.
We are expanding our Sofia team and are looking for people with a high “curiosity quotient” that are interested in rapidly expanding their software development skills. Our team is open and friendly, and we back each other up. We mentor, share, collaborate and solve problems together to deliver the best solutions possible for our customers.
What you will do in this role:
- Assist in research and implement new functionalities and features
- Write clean, maintainable, and readable code, according to the team coding standards
- Participate in planning, code reviews, design, test automation, and architecture discussions
- Perform competitor research and prepare functional specifications
- Champion software development best practices
- Work closely with other team members and roles, including:
- product managers, to specify the requirements;
- support engineers, to prepare documentation and help articles;
- designers, to create user-friendly and compelling designs.
- Work effectively within a cross-functional multi-site team
To be successful you will need to have:
- Experience with C#, .NET
- Demonstrated experience in HTML/CSS and creating cross-browser, cross-device layouts
- Experience building large-scale, rich, interactive, web interfaces
- Understanding of file transfer protocols (FTP, SFTP, HTTP/s)
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Good written and verbal English skills
- Working knowledge in one or more of the following: Java, C#, or C++, React
- REST API design, implementation, and usage
- Experience with server technologies
- Database design and performance analysis
- DevOps or CI/CD environment experience (Jenkins, Azure DevOps)
What we offer in return is the opportunity to elevate your game and to also enjoy:
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
Vacation, Family, and Health
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 2 additional days off for volunteering
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Additional pension insurance
- Well-equipped gym on-site with CrossFit equipment and a climbing wall
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Daycare Center for your little ones onsite
But most importantly a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with!