We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior QA Engineer in Galway, for our MOVEit line.
MOVEit is an award-winning and easy-to-use secure data file transfer software, that helps solve complex IT problems with simple solutions. It is used by millions of people worldwide to transfer files between systems, business partners and customers; The goal is to securely transfer sensitive data in compliance with SLAs, governance, and data protection regulations. It is one of the fastest-growing File Transfers in the business to business market and we need your help to make it even better.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Participate in agile software development working closely with product owners, developers and QA peers within and across the scrum teams
- Design, execute and automate test scenarios and test cases based on feature requirements
- Participate in code reviews and optimize code using development best practices
- Research, propose and actively contribute to choosing and establishing the most optimal test automation tools, frameworks and processes
- Perform exploratory testing in complex scenarios
- Review and validate existing documentation
- Work with Technical Support Engineers to analyze and resolve complex customer problems
- Build subject matter expertise in various product domains and utilize this knowledge to propose and implement product quality initiatives
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Experience building and supporting integration and functional automated tests
- Java and/or .NET development experience
- Basic understanding of file transfer protocols (FTP, SFTP)
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Problem solving skills
Nice to have, but not required:
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, or you'd like to learn more, apply now!
- 3+ years of related professional experience
- PowerShell scripting
- SQL experience (MySQL, MSSQL, Postgres)
- Experience troubleshooting applications in the Windows Server environment
- CI & CD experience
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!