Progress is an experienced, trusted provider of products designed with customers in mind, so they can develop the applications they need, deploy where and how they want, and manage it all safely and securely. We take pride in what we do, always valuing the whole person—at work and in life. Our diverse life experiences enrich our culture because people power progress.
In this role, you'll be a member of a skilled team. You will use your internal and process automation expertise to support developers and help them find ways to be more efficient through automation. You'll also mentor junior talent by providing continuous feedback, code reviews, workshops, conference tips, etc. We support critical systems behind the scenes, which are needed for all aspects of the CI/CD pipelines; this includes repos, secret storage, artifactories, alerting, logging, amongst others. We control much of this with GitOps flows and use IaC tools like Ansible/Terraform to manage this infrastructure.
What we need help with:
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Implementing pipelines for building/deploying/testing our products
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools
- Responsibility for legacy systems, too, to replace them with new technology and ensure alignment across teams.
What do we expect from you?
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- You can look for appropriate tools to solve the above problems or create them yourself if you can't find them.
- You have an open mind and are available to listen, communicate, and present the solution found and find a common path.
- You have a proactive approach to challenges.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux and Python
- Experience with GitLab or GitHub, maintenance & CI/CD pipeline creation
- Knowledge of Docker and Docker compose
- Experience in Infrastructure as code with solid experience in Terraform, Ansible, and other IAC technologies.
- English language - spoken and written
- Interest in modern technologies
- A positive approach to problem-solving, good communication skills
- Experience with VMware (incl. API), Jenkins (incl. scripting), or similar technologies
- Interest in security of development environment and CI/CD
So, if you can bring relevant experience and show up with enthusiasm, we'd be happy to hear from you!
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with and also to enjoy:
- Compensation: Competitive salary, bonus, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback.
- Benefits: Our benefits package varies depending on the country you are joining us in and is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our people.
- Time-off and Leave: Generous vacation allowance, an additional day off for your birthday, and days off for volunteering.
- Well-being: A global well-being program focused on physical, mental, and financial health.
- Focus on Employee Experience: We aim to create an environment where people view their time at Progress as their best career chapter by seeking your feedback, partnering with you, and recognizing and celebrating the moments that matter.
- Career Growth: We empower you to own your career and personalize your growth with career development tools, internal career mobility, knowledge sharing, and learning opportunities.