We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Data Scientist in our Sitefinity Development team.
The enterprise software division of Progress (Core A) is looking for a bright, creative, and enterprising Senior Data Scientist. We are launching several initiatives to add AI-based capabilities to our powerful suite of enterprise platforms and applications. You will be a key part of the team that will envision, validate, develop and release these capabilities to thousands of Progress customers. In your role, you will be responsible for developing analytical models for data in various business and application domains that will enable us to deliver ultra-competitive features and help our customers make more effective data-driven decisions, improve their insights and productivity, and ultimately gain competitive edge themselves by using our products.
Data Scientists at Progress have strong technical skills, but also excel in business and domain knowledge to be able to provide world-class solutions that drive business results.
What you'll be doing most of the time:
- Grasp the essentials of complex problems from different business areas
- Apply data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data
- Select, validate, and train appropriate machine learning models
- Perform experiments and present results in clear and effective fashion
- Collaborate with product teams to clear objectives, tasks and deliverables
- Collaborate with engineering teams during the integration of the designed models in diverse technology stack
- Build and maintain tools and infrastructure to develop analytical solutions and data pipelines
- Apply innovative thinking to identify new applications of AI in the current Progress tools
You have strong expertise in Data Science supported by stellar business analysis skills. You must be able to deliver on multiple projects over multiple timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven solid experience in the field of data science - pattern recognition, predictive analytics and others
- Proficient in understanding and managing data
- Proficient in at least one scripting language – Python, R will be considered as an advantage
- Experience with any of those will be considered as an advantage: Azure ML, Dataiki, SPSS, Databricks, Alteryx
- Experience with developing models for large scale systems
- Experience with big data
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression
- Stellar communication skills in English
- Whip smart, proactive, go-getter who thrives in a team environment
- Analytical, creative and innovative approach to identify problems and drive solutions
- Experience in solving challenges for Marketing and Sales organizations will be considered as an advantage
If the above fits your experience and interests, then we would be happy to hear from you!
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days’ vacation + an extra day off for your birthday
- Generous work-from home allowance
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite
- Kids' Center onsite
- And many other perks
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!