Progress is an experienced, trusted provider of products designed with customers in mind, so they can develop the applications they need, deploy where and how they want, and manage it all safely and securely. We take pride in what we do, always valuing the whole person—at work and in life. Our diverse life experiences enrich our culture because people power progress. And as a Senior C# Software Engineer in Sofia, you can join us in doing what we do best: propelling business forward.
Our company helps developers become superheroes, and our team is responsible for Telerik UI for .NET MAUI. This suite helps developers decrease the development time. The rich and powerful components in it are designed to handle numerous visualization scenarios. The suite helps our clients build native Android, iOS, Windows, and MacOS app with a single C# codebase.
This job is in a hybrid role - dividing time between our Sofia office and working remotely.
What will you do?
- Assist in researching and implementing new functionalities and features
- Perform competitor research and prepare functional specifications
- Fix challenging bugs
- Write clean, maintainable, and readable code, according to the team coding standards
- Write unit tests
- Participate in code reviews
- Work closely with other team members and roles, including product managers, to specify the requirements; QA engineers, to produce functional tests; support engineers, to prepare documentation and help articles; designers, to create user-friendly and compelling designs.
- Work directly with customers to help get their job done. Don’t forget, our customers are software developers like us, so this could be an awesome learning experience.
What will you need?
- At least 5-6 years of professional experience as a .NET developer
- Proficient in the .NET ecosystem and C#
- Robust understanding of software design and architecture, object-oriented programming, and data structures and algorithms
- Experience with XAML based desktop/mobile frameworks (WPF, UWP, WinUI, Xamarin, .NET Maui) or native mobile development (ObjC and/or Java)
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Good communication, collaboration, and time management skills
- Passionate about learning new technologies and improving existing skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and commit to team goals
- Good written and verbal English
What we offer in return is the opportunity to elevate your game and to also enjoy:
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
Vacation, Family and Health
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 2 additional days off for volunteering
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Additional pension insurance
- Well-equipped gym on-site with CrossFit equipment and a climbing wall
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Daycare Center for your little ones
Аnd even more perks:
- Flexible working hours and generous work-from-home allowance
- Free underground parking with a designated space for bikes and electric scooters
And most importantly a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with!