We’re Progress – we offer the best products to develop, deploy, and manage high-impact business applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as a Federal Senior Account Executive - Intelligence Community focus. Due to the focus area within the Intelligence Community, we are looking for those local to the Washington DC area.
Progress Federal Solutions, a whole owned subsidiary of Progress Software, a publicly held company building products that impact millions of people every day. Our customers include Airbus, the BBC, HealthCare.gov, Johnson & Johnson, and J.P. Morgan Chase, Sony, to name a few. Across the globe, our technology has been used to discover new medicines, run the world’s financial systems, prevent terrorism, and much more.
Our primary product is a highly differentiated data management platform that helps our customers on their journey to get more value out of their enterprise data. We enable organizations to integrate all their data and metadata, power transactional and analytical applications, and curate data for machine learning and AI.
Progress Federal Solutions is searching for a Public Sector Account Executive to acquire and expand our IC customer accounts. Our Public Sector Account Executives are focused on building new business and growing the MarkLogic and Progress footprints within new and existing Public Sector customers and ensuring those customers are successfully leveraging companies’ solutions across their organization.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
- In coordination with Sales leadership, develop and execute a comprehensive strategy for growing the company's presence in a defined government agency(s), focused on limited number of customers.
- Generate new leads and business opportunities, working closely with counterparts to determine goals and targets.
- Serve as the key point of contact for customers and partners and represent Progress Federal Solutions Sales Team at industry events and conferences. Strong relationships with government agencies, Solutions Partners, and Resellers may be critical.
- Develop deep familiarity with Progress Federal Solutions Data Platform and how it can be used to solve a wide range of mission related problems.
- Exceed stated sales quota by winning enterprise level long-term contracts.
- Work with the other Sales team members to improve and streamline internal processes.
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Experience in Federal Government software market, demonstrating a deep understanding of its dynamics and intricacies
- In depth understanding of intelligence community operations, needs, and challenges, enabling effective communication and tailored solutions
- Active TS/CSI security clearance or a clear path to obtaining one, enabling direct engagement with classified projects and stakeholders
- Knowledge of current Intelligence Community industry trends and business drivers
- Strong network of contacts within the IC including decision makers, influencers, and end users either Government or Federal Systems Integrators
- Thorough knowledge of Government Technology Acquisition/procurement process
- Track record of success supporting an enterprise software solution provider in the US government.
- Knowledge of complex technology architectures within the federal arena
- Ability to travel as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey technical concepts and benefits to both technical and non technical stake-holders
- Ability to understand complex intelligence challenges and align Progress solutions to address specific mission requirements
- Experience using CRM, Pipeline Management, and Analytic sales and marketing tools, as well as, demonstrated ability with forecasting
- Capability to stay current with rapidly evolving technologies and intelligence trends to position software offerings effectively.
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability, and financial benefits (including 401(k) retirement savings plan. Tuition Reimbursement program. Additional voluntary benefits including crucial illness/hospital indemnity, identity theft protection, auto & home insurance, legal, and pet insurance.
- Competitive salary, uncapped commission, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback
- Flexible paid vacation time, paid day off for your birthday, and company holidays. A variety of leave plans, including Parental Leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an employee well-being program focusing on physical, mental, and financial health.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!