We’re Progress – We are the trusted provider of the best products to develop, deploy and manage high-impact applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Product Release Manager, Senior in our Application Data Platform Business Unit for the MarkLogic Product team in Hyderabad, India.
About the team:
Progress is an experienced, trusted provider of products designed with customers in mind, so they can develop the applications they need, deploy where and how they want, and manage it all safely and securely. We take pride in what we do, always valuing the whole person—at work and in life. Our diverse life experiences enrich our culture because people power progress. And as a Business Intelligence Analyst in Sofia, you can join us in doing what we do best: propelling business forward.
The Product Delivery Team is responsible for coordinating Product Management, Product Marketing, Engineering, and supporting teams on product delivery projects. We partner closely with Engineering, Legal, Finance, Security, and other cross functional SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) to ensure key processes and policies are understood and adhered to by cross functional delivery teams when releasing, launching, and retiring products across Progress. Our mission is to streamline operations and align cross functional teams to provide effective experience for all stakeholders when releasing new products, releasing product updates, and making pricing & packaging changes.
About the Job:
In this role, you will work with key teams to coordinate schedules and you will oversee cross functional execution of product delivery projects across the Progress Product Portfolio. You will facilitate the collaboration of teams on new product releases, product updates, pricing and packaging updates, critical alert updates, and End of Life retirement projects. This includes working with various product, engineering, marketing, legal, finance, security, enterprise applications, and DevSecOps teams to coordinate and monitor cross-functional release plans and schedules. This position requires strong organizational skills, excellent communication abilities, and the ability to oversee the coordination of multiple product delivery projects in parallel.
As a Product Release Manager on the Product Delivery Team, you will be expected to:
- Collaborate with product and product marketing leaders to define product release scope and related objectives, communicate scope and milestones to supporting teams, and develop high-level program plan to capture major deliverables, cross functional dependencies, and milestone delivery dates.
- Facilitate Cross-Functional Solution Sync meetings to support communication between various departments involved in the product delivery projects and coordinate teams on related dependencies and milestones.
- Identify and manage potential risks and issues across teams that may impact product delivery timelines or outcomes. Proactively communicate and escalate risks to appropriate stakeholders for timely resolution.
- Ensure that projects adhere to established quality standards and comply with internal policies and related industry best practices and regulations as defined by SMEs across functional domains.
- Oversee the planning and execution of launches, coordinating product, engineering, legal, security compliance, system operations, marketing & commercial teams to ensure streamlined release and launch with appropriate communications to all stakeholders (internal teams, channel partners, and customers)
- Manage master calendar of product delivery releases for dedicated set of product lines.
- Coordinate cross functional teams that are responsible for product development, marketing, pricelists, order processing, and fulfillment operations to support product delivery releases.
- Oversee release schedules to ensure adequate operational resources are available to meet intended milestones and launch schedules are coordinated with all cross functional release teams.
- Identify complex release challenges and work with teams to develop solutions to improve operational efficiencies in process and operational workflows.
- Develop deep knowledge of Product development, pricing & packaging, and go to market operations and cross functional dependencies and requirements to support product delivery projects.
- Coordinate with the Release Train Engineers and other cross functional leaders throughout the program increment cycle to ensure key milestones are recognized and lead times considered. Strive to minimize dependencies when possible and help teams manage them as needed.
- Excel at consensus building and conflict management to influence and affect change with cross functional teams responsible for launch activities.
- Establish Release Calendar: Cross functional release plans with Product Managers, Product Marketing Leads, and IT Leads aligning on release scope, timelines, milestones, and resource allocation.
- Coordinate Cross Functional Teams on Product Delivery: Establishes and facilitates cross functional meeting cadence to track status and assure alignment to meet key milestones and launch dates.
- Dependency Management: Ensure clarity across teams on operational release requirements and schedules to ensure cross functional teams receive appropriate deliverables and are on target for related release activities.
- Risk Management: Identify potential risks or issues that may impact release timelines and proactively address them.
- Internal & External Communication: Keep all stakeholders informed about the progress of releases, addressing any concerns or questions; create and administer timely and effective client communications for new products and enhancements.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, Project Management, or a related field.
- 2-5 years of experience leading cross functional product launch and/or release teams required.
- Proven experience in product release coordination or a related role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, working with all levels of stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in project management software and tools.
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy :
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like Marriage leave ,Casual leave, Maternity leave , Paternity Leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents ,Personal accident insurance coverage, Life insurance coverage
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans