We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Product Owner for our OpenEdge product group, working in our Bedford, MA location.JOB SUMMARY
The Product Owner serves as the customer proxy to the Agile software development team. Working as part of the Product Management Team, they translate product vision and strategy into a well-defined and prioritized backlog of user stories, where each story conveys a user persona, a business value and specific acceptance criteria. Product Owners work with the team to help understand the use cases and secure real customer validation leading to successful products that customers love and adopt fast. Ultimately this role is responsible for driving the maximum value produced by each of the Agile teams they work with while leveraging the principles of the Agile Manifesto.WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE:
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Translates product strategy and vision to the development teams to ensure we build the right products for the dynamic market opportunities; through completing continuous market research and assessment activities, building customer and user insights into all stages of the planning and execution processes and ensuring continuous validation of features and stories with customers throughout the development lifecycle. Synthesizes information across vision, roadmap and program backlog for the team(s).
- Working closely with Product Managers, identifies new customer pain points and champions solutions that improve value customers derive from the product. Contributes to Product Strategy and Roadmap. Presents at customer events and user groups.
- Acts as the voice of the customer to the Agile team(s) and drafting the team(s) specific objectives for the upcoming Program Increments (PI) and Agile sprints, works with the team to decompose Agile epics into user stories and provides clarity on scope to aid the team with design and effort estimates, drives Sprint goals and content through prioritized backlog, ensures definition of “ready” is validated through proper acceptance criteria, tests, quality, fitness for use and supports the definition of done.
- Owns the backlog for the Agile team(s) which includes collaboration w/ PM, PO’s, Architects, etc. to ensure the proper sequencing of backlog items based on program priorities, events, technological implications, outcomes of PI and Sprints and dependencies with other teams; may also prepare and produce PI System Demo to fold the feedback into the Team/Program backlog. Responsible for User Story prioritization, refinements, elaborations, story acceptance criteria, ensuring stories are clear, unambiguous as determined by the Agile Team(s).
- Experience in an Agile SW Development environment or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or a SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM SAFe® 4)
- Pragmatic Marketing training is a plus
- Good knowledge of database and/or compiler technologies is highly desired
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!