Progress is an experienced, trusted provider of products designed with customers in mind, so they can develop the applications they need, deploy where and how they want and manage it all safely and securely. We take pride in what we do, always valuing the whole person—at work and in life. Our diverse life experiences enrich our culture because people power progress.
Our platform is the backbone behind billions of people worldwide chatting, flying, presenting, banking, gaming, shopping, and learning. If you're ready to make an impact, our Build and Release Engineering team is looking for talented individuals to join us in India and Ireland.
What You’ll Do:
As a vital member of our Build and Release Engineering team, you'll:
- Implement and enhance the entire life cycle of services, from design and inception to deployment (on-premise and cloud-based), operations, and refinement.
- Provide support for services before they go live through system design consulting, software platform development, capacity planning, and launch reviews.
- Maintain live services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams on release management activities, including the development of automated deployment and testing tools.
- Work within an agile team, ensuring proactive communication of status and timely completion of deliverables.
- Propose and implement continuous improvement activities.
- Standardize and document common DevOps procedures.
- Contribute to the development of new features and bug fixes on Progress's custom build services.
- Practice sustainable incident response and conduct blameless postmortems, guiding ticket resolution for key applications and platforms.
- Assist the team in diagnosing and correcting build failures.
- Act as a mentor and learner within a team of world-class engineers.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders, including product management, UX, other teams, and customers.
Who You Are:
We're looking for someone with:
- Strong experience in software development using Ruby or Python.
- Familiarity with CI/CD software such as Buildkite or Jenkins.
- Proactive troubleshooting skills for build failures.
- Proficiency in bash scripting.
- Knowledge of Linux system internals.
- Comfort with cloud-based platforms and tools like Terraform and Docker. Kubernetes experience is a plus.
- Experience managing AWS or Azure environments.
- An independent self-starter with a passion for learning through experimentation and research.
We'd be happy to chat if this sounds like you and fits your experience and career goals. What we offer in return is the opportunity to experience a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with and also to enjoy:
What we offer in return is the opportunity to elevate your game and to also enjoy:
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
Vacation, Family, and Health
- 25 days paid annual vacation
- Private healthcare and dental care coverage
- Group personal pension plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Income protection