We’re Progress - we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a IT Software Engineer II in Progress Product Services team that is passionate about learning, growing, and keeping up-to-date on the latest technology. As part of a distributed team, we enable and support the IT operations for Development. This includes management of support incidents/requests, VM builds/administration, application/tool upgrades, hardware refreshes and task/process automation.
- 3+ years of in-depth IT systems (Windows and Linux) administration experience.
- Experience with platform virtualization administration (VMware, Solaris, IBM, HP-UX) and knowledge of best practices.
- Provide administration and support of Development Windows and Linux infrastructure, providing consistency and synchronization across server platforms and integrating other infrastructure components.
- Create and maintain support documentation providing peers and users with a repository of technical “how to” documentation. Follow documented processes and procedures to create and achieve a common standard.
- Install and configure relational/non-relational databases. MongoDB and Cassandra a big plus.
- Proficient in scripting or programming languages such as PowerShell, C++/Java, or Python.
- Knowledge Jira, Confluence, TeamCity, Artifactory, or GitHub.
- Provide administration of AWS or Azure environments.
- Strong verbal and communication skills. Will work closely with different development teams to understand key needs and business drivers.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance as well as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize workload and solve range of problems by analyzing possible solutions using experience and judgement.
- Analyze vendor products and make recommendations to purchase hardware and/or software as well as coordinate implementation
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, MIS or relevant domain.
- Configuration, implementation, monitoring, maintenance and support of SAN and mass storage systems, as well as virtual environment including VMware, Solaris LDOMs, AIX LPARs and HP Itanium VMs.
- Experience with automation/configuration management tools (Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, etc) a big plus.
- Exposure to containers (vSphere integrated containers, Docker).
- Experience working with Solaris, AIX, z/OS, etc.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter.
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!