We’re Progress - we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins.
Progress Data Connectivity team is a tight-knit group of people working together each day with the mission of solving the world’s data problems. Our data connectivity solutions empower applications to connect with enterprise data from a wide-variety of data sources like Relational, NoSQL, Big Data and SaaS data sources.
Join us as Engineering Manager in Data Connectivity Engineering team.
The right candidate must be highly motivated and experienced in representing software engineering organization in all aspects of the SDLC. Candidate should be prepared to work closely with the team to develop cutting edge products that ship on time and are of the highest level of quality that Progress customers expect.
If you are interested in being a part of the Progress team, please reach out to us!
The ideal candidate is required to:
- Work in a dynamic agile environment and be dedicated to getting the job done
- Hire right talent; Coach & mentor the team to build great software.
- Facilitate continuous learning for the team; Drive team to achieve technical and operational excellence
- Provide technical guidance to the team
- Drive continuous improvement of SAFe practices
- Drive continuous quality improvement by being a subject matter expert
- Drive continuous process improvement by eliminating waste and introducing automation
- Make clear, data-driven decisions to ensure that the team operates at peak performance
- Be accountable for the performance and results of the team
- B Tech/M.Tech., Computer Science or related fields
- 10+ years of experience in Software Engineering roles
- 2+ years of Management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Strong quality assurance background
- Experience designing enterprise level software (from writing code to architecture)
- Working knowledge of databases and data access standards like ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET, OData
- Experience building products with C++/C#/Java
- Experience building CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery) Pipeline
- Experience with products supported on multiple operating systems including Windows, Linux, Unix, and MacOS
- Experience with Engineering tools such as GitHub, Perforce, TeamCity, Collaborator, Jenkins, Sonarqube, and Purify.
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!