We’re Progress – we offer the best products to develop, deploy, and manage high-impact business applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as a Director Product Marketing working out of your home office in the United States. Due to team location, those in EST zone are needed.
We are seeking a hands-on Director of Product Marketing for our Digital Experience (DX) Division. This role is ideal for a proactive leader with a knack for clear, effective communication and a deep understanding of enterprise software products in the digital realm.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Actively lead the Go-to-Market (GTM) strategy for our diverse DX product suite, including hands-on involvement in strategy formulation and laser focus on execution.
- Directly manage a dynamic team of Product Marketers, fostering a culture of engagement and precise, effective messaging.
- Oversee and participate in the development of marketing strategies and campaigns, ensuring they align with business objectives and market trends.
- Lead by example, actively engaging in day-to-day marketing activities and decision-making processes.
- Coordinate closely with teams across Product Management, Demand Generation, Sales and Field Marketing to ensure alignment and efficiency in product launch activities and providing direct, strategic input and ensuring seamless implementation of GTM plans.
- Establish and maintain influential relationships with industry analysts, ensuring our products are accurately and favorably represented.
- Actively analyze market data and customer feedback to refine marketing strategies, ensuring a responsive, timely and adaptable approach.
- Creatively design and implement GTM themes and strategies, bringing a experiential approach to campaign development and execution.
- Personally review and approve major marketing campaigns and initiatives, ensuring alignment with the overall business strategy.
- Actively analyze market data and customer feedback to refine marketing strategies, ensuring a responsive and adaptable approach.
- Oversee the creation and execution of marketing and sales enablement materials, prioritizing clarity and impact in messaging.
- Actively involve yourself in pricing and packaging decisions alongside Product Management, bringing a hands-on perspective to strategy development.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, encouraging the team to bring forward innovative ideas and solutions.
- Actively participate in industry events and conferences, representing the company and gathering insights for strategy development.
- Lead and contribute directly to cross-functional projects, emphasizing practical problem-solving and goal attainment.
- Manage the budget for the DX Product Marketing department with a detail-oriented approach.
- M&A: active participation in due diligence and integration efforts.
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or similar (MBA beneficial but not required).
- Expertise in leading Product Marketing teams within large-scale enterprise software companies
- Experience in working closely with and understanding the functions of Demand Generation, Field Marketing, or Product Management and how to manage their dependencies on Product Marketing
- An outstanding communicator with a proven ability to develop and convey effective messaging.
- A pragmatic leader known for your ability to build, guide, and directly engage with high-performing teams.
- Innovative strategist with an excitement for market analysis and converting insights into effective market entry strategies.
- Possesses a progressive and developmental mindset.
- Analytically inclined, with a focus on data-driven decision-making, precision, and superior organizational skills.
- Exhibits seasoned professionalism, capable of maneuvering through complex corporate structures and effectively negotiating to benefit all parties, while maintaining robust professional relationships at every level of the organization.
- Proficient in fostering accountability and enhancing performance in a pivotal role within a multifaceted organizational structure.
- Culturally aware with substantial experience in managing geographically dispersed teams.
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability, and financial benefits (including 401(k) retirement savings plan. Tuition Reimbursement program. Additional voluntary benefits including crucial illness/hospital indemnity, identity theft protection, auto & home insurance, legal, and pet insurance.
- Competitive salary, bonus, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback
- Flexible paid vacation time, paid day off for your birthday, and company holidays. A variety of leave plans, including Parental Leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an employee well-being program focusing on physical, mental, and financial health.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!