We’re Progress – we provide the best products to develop, deploy, and manage high-impact business applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as a Developer Advocate for our Chef business to engage with our DevOps practitioner communities and help them achieve success with our technology.
A Developer Advocate at Progress is an engaged evangelist of our products and services, as well as a voice for the developer within our company. Developer Advocates are often ex-engineers looking to extend their influence in the community via public speaking engagements, generating written/video content, writing code, and promoting Progress as a whole. Developer Advocates must be able to talk intelligently and enthusiastically about DevOps and Chef technologies to audiences ranging from developers to executives, moving effortlessly between technical details and product strategy. They are experts in their technical field of focus and are masters of content creation.
- Drive the success of Chef products by delivering articulate, effective, and entertaining written content for a technical audience
- Create technically oriented presentations for in-person or online delivery, including slides, demos, and sharable code
- Become a trusted and recognized thought leader for customers, partners, and prospects
- Enable customer success by building sample projects that help illustrate how our products can be used to accomplish specific tasks
- Champion Chef products in various DevOps communities
- Advocate for developers internally and provide early feedback to engineering regarding inside industry information and real-world product use
- Establish a cross-functional relationship with engineering, marketing, and other functions within the business to collaborate on projects and deliverables
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in developer advocacy, engineering, sales engineering, product training, education engineering, or similar roles
- Familiarity with DevOps, configuration management, release management, test-driven development, information security standards, and the container ecosystem
- Experience presenting at tech conferences/hackathons/meetups, or a willingness to learn
- Experience writing technical articles, courseware, or blog posts targeted at developers
- Hands-on experience using, educating others on, and/or deploying Chef products and services
- A regular contributor to open-source projects
- Experience with Instructional Design methodologies and crafting technical courseware
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!