We're Progress - we offer the best products to develop, deploy and manage high-impact applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as an Enterprise Legal Services Counsel supporting our operations in Czechia.
The successful candidate for this position will be a member of the Progress Software Enterprise Legal Services team, advising management and other internal clients with respect to a wide variety of business issues and legal matters.
- Advise on general corporate matters and support corporate secretarial processes related to the Czech operations of the Company
- Support the company’s procurement efforts in the negotiation of purchasing agreements across a wide variety of areas, including (without limitation) partnership and grant agreements with universities and other governmental institutions, SaaS agreements for business applications, hardware purchases, IT agreements and statements of work relating to services and/or implementation of processes and programs, marketing agreements, and sponsorships and events agreements.
- Provide legal services in connection with other enterprise-wide company functions, such as Human Resources, Marketing, IT and Facilities, primarily service the company’s operations in CZ, but also across the company’s international footprint where needed.
- Support the Commercial Legal Services team in negotiations of customer-facing agreements in local language and advise on local commercial law issues
- Support M&A efforts in both due diligence and integration
- Help to create scalable processes to support a high volume of legal issues from all areas of the business
A STRONG CANDIDATE HAS:
- Prior experience working in high-tech/IT/software industry
- Law degree with excellent academic credentials.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex legal issues and resolutions to clients clearly and succinctly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Czech and English
- Proven analytical, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Experience drafting and negotiating agreements
- Understanding of public company controls and procedures and need for compliance
- Confident, talented, independent, and highly adaptable nature
- Great attitude and the mindset to accept significant responsibility
- Ability to successfully manage competing priorities and work independently on a wide range of issues and projects, while delivering quality work under a tight time frame.
- A team player, able to learn and share experiences with other members of the Legal team.
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with and to also enjoy:
- Compensation: Competitive salary, bonus, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback.
- Benefits: Our benefits package varies depending on the country you are joining us in and is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our people.
- Time-off and Leave: Generous vacation allowance, an additional day off for your birthday, and days off for volunteering
- Well-being: A global well-being program focused on physical, mental, and financial health.
- Focus on Employee Experience: We aim to create an environment where people view their time at Progress as their best career chapter by seeking your feedback, partnering with you and recognizing and celebrating the moments that matter.
- Career Growth: We empower you to own your career and personalize your growth with career development tools, internal career mobility, knowledge sharing, and learning opportunities.