In this course, you will learn how to perform basic Progress® OpenEdge® database administration tasks. First, you will get an overview of key OpenEdge RDBMS architecture components and OpenEdge database administration tools. Then, you will learn how to perform the following database administration tasks:
- Create a database.
- Start up and shut down a database.
- Manage extents of a database.
- Back up and restore a database.
- Implement roll-forward recovery using after-imaging.
- Dump and load a database.
This course is available as Instructor-Led Training and online with a subscription to the Progress Education Community.