This course is designed for database administrators who need to tune Progress OpenEdge databases.
In today’s business environment, Progress OpenEdge databases are required to be running 24x7. They are also becoming larger and more complex. As an OpenEdge database administrator, you are responsible for making your OpenEdge databases perform at their peak.
This course is available as Instructor-Led Training and online with a subscription to the Progress Education Community.
In this course, you will learn how to design, configure, monitor, and tune an OpenEdge database for optimal performance. First, you will be introduced to OpenEdge database performance tuning. Next, you will learn how to design and configure a database for best performance. Then, you will learn how to monitor and tune different aspects of a running database such as shared memory resources, before-image I/O, database I/O, after-image I/O, and network communication. Finally, you will learn about performance guidelines for advanced database options such as OpenEdge Replication, OpenEdge Transparent Data Encryption, OpenEdge Multi-tenancy, and OpenEdge Table Partitioning
What you will learn
After completing this course you should be able to:
- Describe Progress OpenEdge database performance tuning.
- Design a database for performance.
- Configure a database for performance.
- Tune shared memory resources.
- Tune before-image I/O.
- Tune database I/O.
- Tune after-image I/O.
- Tune network communication.
- List performance guidelines for advanced database options
Students should already be able to:
- Administer Progress OpenEdge databases.
- (Optional) Use Progress OpenEdge ABL programs to perform administrative tasks.