Upload documents and files
Uploading and managing documents and files happens through the Documents & Files page. To access the page navigate to Content » Documents & Files. There you can also manage document libraries.
You upload documents and files from your computer to your Sitefinity CMS document libraries in the following way:
- In Sitefinity CMS backend, navigate to Content » Documents & Files.
The Documents page opens. It displays all created document libraries.
- Click Upload documents » Upload documents from your computer.
- Locate the documents, select them, and click Open.
You can select more than one document or file.
The Upload Documents page opens.
For each of the selected documents, you can:
- View the file type, size, and name of the document.
- You can change the name of each document by directly typing over it.
- Remove the document.
- Under Store uploaded documents to, click (Edit) to select the library where you want to store the document.
- To upload more documents, click (Upload more documents) button.
- Click Upload and Publish.
If you are using an approval workflow, Sitefinity CMS displays different buttons, depending on the type of workflow that is activated. For more information, see Actions available in a workflow.
A status bar appears under each document.
- If you have required custom fields, the Bulk edit of document properties page appears. Fill out the required fields and press Use selected.
- When the upload is finished, click Close.