Upgrade from Sitefinity CMS 8.0
If your project is running on Sitefinity 8.0, to upgrade it, perform the following:
- Backup your project and its database.
If you have
Telerik.Sitefinity.All package installed, remove the package and all its dependencies:
- Open your project in Visual Studio
- Open the context menu of your solution, click Manage NuGet Packages...
- In the list of installed packages, find
Telerik.Sitefinity.All, click Uninstall, and press
ENTER to close the dialog.
- Set the target framework version of your project to .NET Framework 4.8.
Perform the following:
- Open your project in Visual Studio.
- In the context menu of SitefinityWebApp, click Properties.
- On Application tab, in Target framework dropdown box, select .NET Framework 4.8.
- Save the changes to your project
- Reinstall all packages:
- In Visual Studio, navigate to Tools » Library Package Manager » Package Manager Console.
- Execute the following command: Update-Package -Reinstall
NOTE: You do this, because the changing the target framework requires re-installation of all packages. After you have removed all Sitefinity CMS related packages in Step 2, you perform this step to re-install all other packages that you may have installed on your system.
- From the
bin folder of the project, delete
- Open folder
Properties, located in your project's folder and edit the
Add the following assemblies:
- [assembly: Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend.Mvc.Infrastructure.Controllers.Attributes.ControllerContainer]
- [assembly: Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend.Mvc.Infrastructure.Controllers.Attributes.ResourcePackage]
- In the Package Manager Console install the latest
Telerik.Sitefinity.Allpackage using the following command:
NOTE: With this command you install the latest patch build, if you want to install a specific version you must use the command above followed by
-Version and the version number.
For example, enter Install-Package Telerik.Sitefinity.All -Version 13.0.7322.
NOTE: The BCL dependency used by Sitefinity CMS to integrate Azure search in previous versions is also removed. As a result, you can safely remove the
Tools folder under the root of your SitefinityWebApp project.
- In the Package Manager Console, uninstall the following packages and delete the respective assemblies from the project's
- Build your solution.