Sitefinity CMS users are users who can conduct content management and/or administrative tasks within a given website project. Only a user who is granted the Manage Users permission can manage users.
For more information about granting permissions, see Overview: Permissions.
When you create and start a project, the user you choose to be project’s administrator is the first user to be created by the system.
For more information see Configure and start a project » Step 4.
This user is automatically assigned the Administrators role and is granted full global, content modules and sitemap permissions.
For more information, see For developers: Roles.
IMPORTANT: Before you create any users, you must set the password requirements and password recovery requirements. For more information, see Administration: Set password requirements.
You manage users on Users page.
- To open the Users page, in the main menu in the upper part of the screen, click Administration » Users.
- To filter users from different providers, use the tabs above the toolbar of Users page.
The tabs with different providers appear only if you have more than one provider created.
- To display users assigned only to specific role, use the links in the Users by role pane in the right side of the page.
- To change the view of the list of users, in the toolbar of the Users page, click one of the following:
- To manage user profile types, click Manage Profile types link in the lower-left corner of the Users page.
For more information, see Administration: User profiles.
NOTE: On the Users page you can also see which users are Online and Offline. Online users are the users who are currently logged in or their authentication cookie has not expired yet. Offline users are those who are not logged in and need to authenticate on their next login attempt. You can also see when a user was registered in Sitefinity CMS and when was the last login.