Sort, filter, and find documents and files
The Documents & Files page displays all created document libraries. To view documents in a library, click it.
Display documents and files by libraries
To display documents and files only from a specific library, click the library thumbnail in the right side of Documents & Files page
NOTE: For each document or file, you can see a link to the library, which it belongs to. If you click the link to the library, all documents and files from this library appear.
For more information, see Document and file libraries.
Filter documents and files
To display the filtering options, click Filter documents & files.
- Filter by ownership.
To display documents and files, uploaded only by your user, in the right side of Documents & Files page, click My items link under Filter Documents & Files.
- Filter by workflow status.
You can filter documents by their status. For example, Published or Draft.
For more information, see Workflow statuses.
- Filter by classifications.
You can also filter documents by categories, tags, and custom classifications.
If you have added a custom classification field to documents, it appears in the filter options. For more information, see Overview: Custom fields.
- Filter by date.
To filter documents and files by the date they were modified, click by Date…
The Display items modified in… pane appears.
- When you click a time interval, the system displays all documents and files modified during this time interval. The last modified are the first in the list. You can further sort them.
- To display documents and files modified during some custom period of time, click Custom range… link.
To define a custom filtering interval, use the From and To input fields.
- To go back to all filtering options, click Close dates link.
The system displays all filtering options, but displays the last filtering you have chosen until you choose something else or until you refresh your screen by pressing F5.
Sort document and files
You can sort documents and files using the Sort items: dropdown box in the toolbar of the page.
There are the following sorting options:
- Last uploaded on top
Sorts document and files in descending order according to the time of upload.
- Last modified on top
Sorts documents and files in descending order according to time of modification.
- Custom Sorting...
A window appears where you perform the following:
- Select sorting criterion from the dropdown box and choose between Ascending and Descending order in the radio button.
- You can also and add more than one criterion by clicking Add another sorting rule link and you can remove sorting criteria by clicking Remove link.
- When you are finished, click Save.
The system sorts the documents and files according to the custom sorting.
- To edit a custom sorting that you have created, select Edit custom sorting… from the Sort items: dropdown box.
Searching for documents and files
To search for a particular document or file, use the search option.
- Click the Search… button in the toolbar.
A search field opens.
- Enter the name or part of the name of the document or file you are searching for.
The search field is case insensitive.
- Click Search.
A list of results matching your search appears.
To return to the list of all documents and files, click Close search button in the toolbar.