The latest implementation of WinSure has given LocalTapiola’s P&C business several distinct advantages:
• At an IT operations level, WinSure’s distributed architecture and underlying Progress OpenEdge platform make it possible to develop and deploy customized functionality more rapidly and cost effectively than was possible with the mainframes and older editions of the WinSure product. Standardization on the newest version of WinSure has streamlined maintenance and simplified usability. System availability and performance have improved as well.
• Strategically, new insurance products – along with their systemic counterparts – can get developed, tested and introduced more quickly and economically than ever before.
• At the insurance business level, WinSure’s combination of policy underwriting, billing and payment, and claims management systems is resulting in improved financial results. When claims managers can narrow the loop of informing policy underwriters about risk and loss potential, the overall insurance business improves. Having a single system for policy management, billing and payments reduces transaction administration workflows and helps cut costs.
• From a people and process perspective, the WinSure solution is helping create an agile, innovative business environment. WinSure is designed to enable business users essentially to own and manage the system themselves. One of WinSure’s big appeals is its ability to let business users set process parameters (parameterization) and deploy new functions without the help of IT application developers. “The WinSure application frees developers for other strategic tasks while it reduces IT maintenance and overhead, said Sami Luokkamäki. “It’s all about ‘human capital management,’ one of our major priorities.”
• As a “green” technology, WinSure adds value by reducing paper use. WinSure generates Web-based policy letters and other correspondence that previously had to be printed and mailed.