What You Will Learn
In this learning path, WhatsUp Gold administrators begin with introductory material related to network discovery, and continue to learn how to customize WhatsUp Gold to monitor a large network.
You will learn how to:
- Apply credentials and discover devices on your network.
- Add monitors for your devices.
- Create email notifications in response to network events.
- Use dashboards to visualize your network and produce reports.
- Add users to WhatsUp Gold.
- Integrate WhatsUp Gold with LDAP, AD, or OpenID Connect for user management.
- Create and apply custom monitors and device roles.
- Configure advanced actions and alerts to self-heal devices and prevent outages.
- Deploy Scalability Pollers to increase performance.
- Use WhatsUp Gold Tools and REST API to gain more control over your monitored network and data.
You can practice the concepts taught in each course with hands-on exercises, complete with step-by-step guidance. Assess your knowledge with in-course Check Your Understanding questions. You can also demonstrate your skills with assessment exams for each course.
Once you have mastered the competencies required of a WhatsUp Gold Administrator, you can earn your WhatsUp Gold Administrator certification by passing the WhatsUp Gold Administrator certification exam.
About the Certification
- The exam consists of 80 multiple-choice questions.
- The exam is graded automatically with 75% being the passing grade.
- Once you start the exam, you will have 2 hours to complete it.
- Once started, the exam cannot be paused and continued at a later stage.
- If you do not pass the exam, you can retake the exam again after a two-week waiting period.
- You can attempt the exam five times in a 12-month period.
The certification is valid for two years, after which a re-certification is required. An official certificate and a “WhatsUp Gold Administrator” logo acknowledging your expertise will be automatically made available for you upon successfully passing the certification.