Event Code of Conduct
Progress Software is dedicated to providing a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for everyone who participates in events organized or hosted by Progress. We are committed to creating experiences that are diverse, inclusive, safe, and free from discrimination, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other classification protected by law.
Our community will convene in both physical and virtual spaces. This Event Code of Conduct applies within any Progress event space or platform. All attendees of Progress events, including participants, delegates, attendees, speakers, staff, organizers, and volunteers (hereafter referred to as “Participants”) must treat one another with respect and abide by this Code, as well all other applicable company policies.
To make clear what is expected, all Participants must:
1. Treat others at the event with courtesy and respect.
2. Act professionally, with behavior and communication that is appropriate for a professional setting, and for people of different backgrounds, experiences, and beliefs.
3. Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech (both verbal and written).
4. Follow applicable company policies and safety procedures, as well as local law.
Unacceptable behaviors may include but are not limited to:
1. Harassment, bullying, and discrimination, including any verbal, physical, or visual conduct.
2. Sustained disruption of the event.
3. Any inappropriate, unwelcome, lewd or offensive behavior or language, including explicit or offensive language or conduct, profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
4. Being intoxicated, as determined by Progress.
5. Any other illegal, unprofessional or otherwise inappropriate activity.
6. Failure to follow any rules or regulations of the event or instructions of the event staff (including staff of host venues), or any other company policies.
Simply put, Participants must follow company rules and policies and be kind to one another in participating in and interacting at company sponsored events. We want everyone attending our events and engaging through our forums to have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience.
Event organizers will enforce this Code, and unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. Participants who are asked to stop unacceptable behavior are expected to comply immediately. If Participants engage in unacceptable behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including asking the Participant(s) to leave the event without warning or refund and, if appropriate, involving of local law enforcement. Breaches of this Code of Conduct can also result in being prohibited from participating in future events.
If you experience unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being treated inappropriately or in violation of this Code, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the event staff immediately. In-person event staff will be clearly identifiable. There will also be a registration or information desk at most events where you can find event staff. Online events and forums will have a posted email address monitored by event organizers to which you can send reports.
Participants may also submit a report of any violation of this Code, the Progress Software Code of Conduct and Business Ethics or any other company policy to the company’s compliance reporting hotline and incident management system (EthicsPoint). Instructions for submitting an online report or report by phone are available at https://progress.ethicspoint.com
Reports may also be submitted to the Progress Software Compliance Office via email at email@example.com.
Thank you for helping to make Progress events welcoming, friendly, and safe for all. We value your attendance.