You have a Sitefinity CMS license, but you have not created a project yet.
Environments: You want to setup in Continuous integration the following environments:
- Development environment
- One or more Test environments
- Live environment
SiteSync: You do not want to use SiteSync.
PREREQUISITES: Install the latest version of Sitefinity CMS on your Development environment.
For more information, see Installation.
- Deploy your project and its database from your Development to your Test environment.
- Open your deployed project and make the following settings:
- Set Deployment mode to
- Turn on Read-only mode of configurations.
- Proceed with testing.
For more information, see Best practices: Testing.
- If any of the tests fail, perform the following:
- Go back to your Development environment to fix the problem.
- From your Development environment, export the project for deployment and import the changes to your Test environment.
For more information, see Export and deploy code changes.
- Run the project on your Test environment.
The fixes will be automatically imported.
- Return to Step 3.
- Perform this procedure for every Test environment that you want to have.
RESULT: Your Test environment is setup for Continuous delivery. When all the tests pass, you have a fully tested and working project, which you can deploy to production.
In your Development environment, open your project and perform the following:
- Develop, extend, and configure your project.
- Create and publish all of the required content.
RESULT: Your Development environment is setup for Continuous delivery and your project is ready for testing.
Setup the Live environment
After all test have passed successfully, you can deploy your project and its database to Live.
- Deploy your project and its database from your Test environment to your Live environment.
For more information on deployment options and procedures, see Deployment.
- Open your Live environment and run the project.
RESULT: Your project is Live. Your environments are continuously integrated and ready for Continuous delivery.