Address custom field
The Address custom field is available only when you create dynamic modules. For more information, see Dynamic modules.
The field gives the user the opportunity to select an address of the dynamic content item.
PREREQUISITES: If you want to use Geo location API, you must use Microsoft SQL Server or SQL Express 2008 or higher. Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Express 2005, Oracle, and MySQL do not support Geo Location API.
If you are using Microsoft SQL server 2005, Oracle, or MySQL databases, disable Geo locations in the following way:
- Click Administration » Settings » Advanced.
- In the treeview on the left, click GeoLocations » Providers » Default.
- Deselect Enabled checkbox and save your changes.
Create an address custom field
To add an address field, perform the following:
- On Step 4 of procedure Create a dynamic content type, click Add a field…
- Enter the name of the address field.
For example, Location.
- In Type dropdown box, select Address.
- In Interface widget for entering data, select Address and map.
- Click Continue.
- Select the method for entering the address by choosing one of the following:
|Address form only ||When creating a dynamic item you can enter the Country, the City, the Zip, and the Street. |
|Map only ||When creating a dynamic item you can pinpoint the address on the world map. |
|Address form and map ||When creating a dynamic item you can enter the Country, the City, the Zip, and the Street and also pinpoint the address on the world map. |
NOTE: In order to use a map for entering the address, you must setup Google Maps.
For more information, see Administration: Set up Google maps.
- Click Done.
The new field appears in Custom fields section.
If you want to delete a custom field, click .
- Click Save changes.
To go back to the page with the content items, click Go back.