File and folder management
The File Manager displays the hierarchical structure of folders and
files in your project. You use it to create, copy, move, upload,
download, rename, and delete files and folders.
To open the File Manager, navigate to Administration » File manager.
NOTE: You can also view the files of your project from Sitefinity CMS Project Manager by opening the context menu of the project and selecting Explore.
The Files page opens. The left side of the page is a treeview of the project's folders, and the
right side lists the contents of the selected folder:
NOTE: You must have proper permissions to access the Files page.
Upload and download files
- To upload a file, perform the following:
- Click Upload button in the toolbar of Files page.
The Upload window appears.
- Enter the name with the file extension and the path of the file or click Select button to browse and select the file.
To remove an already selected file, click Remove.
NOTE: The default file size limit is 200 MB.
- To upload more files, click Add button.
The system adds another row for uploading a file.
- To specify if you want to overwrite an existing file with the same name, select Overwrite if file exists? checkbox.
- When you are finished, click Upload.
- To download a file, perform the following:
- Select the checkbox of the file and click Download.
The File Download window appears.
- Choose whether you want to save the file or open it.
- NOTE: If you have not selected a specific file for downloading, when you click Download, all the content of the displayed folder is downloaded.
Copy, create, and delete files or folders
To copy and paste a file to another folder, select one or more files, click Copy, open the folder where you want to paste it, and click Paste.
If you have not selected any files, the system copies and pastes the
entire folder, which you have selected, together with its content.
To delete a file, select it and click Delete.
A dialog box appears, asking you to confirm the deletion.
If you have not selected any files, the system deletes the entire
folder, which you have selected, together with its content.
To create a new folder, select the parent folder and choose New Folder.
To navigate from the selected folder to its parent folder, click Folder Up.
Configure the file upload maximum size limit
By default, the File Manager supports uploading files not larger than 200 MB. To configure custom maximum file upload size, navigate to Administration » Settings » Advanced » System » FilesModule and modify the
MaxFileSize property. The
MaxFileSize property value must be specified in bytes, and the default value is