Configure MOVEit storage provider
IMPORTANT: As of version 14.0.7724, Sitefinity CMS provides built-in integration between Sitefinity and MOVEit for secure document transfer and storage. This capability is not available in predecessor versions.
MOVEit storage provider is an implementation of a cloud blob storage provider. You can easily configure Sitefinity so that whenever users upload documents containing sensitive data through forms, these files are transferred and stored in MOVEit.
To enable the integration with MOVEit as a blob storage provider, perform the following:
Create MOVEit storage provider
Progress.Sitefinity.MOVEit package as a NuGet package.
It is distributed as an optional package, which implements the integration.
- In your Sitefinity CMS backend, click Administration » Settings.
The Basic Settings page opens.
- Click Storage providers.
- To create a new storage provider, click Add storage provider.
The Add a provider dialog box opens.
- In Provider name field, enter a name for the new provider (for example, MOVEit).
- From Provider type dropdown, select MOVEit.
- Click Continue.
A dialog box with the required settings opens (see the example below).
- You need to configure the following parameters to ensure the secure file transfer in MOVEit:
- Base URL:
- Value: <base URL of MOVEit>
- Value: <username to be used for authentication>
- Value: <password to be used for authentication>
- Root folder path
- Value: <path to the folder in MOVEit, in which the transferred files will be stored>
To test if your settings are valid, click Test settings.
A test status message appears.
As a result, the MOVEit storage provider is added to the list of providers in your Sitefinity CMS website.
Edit the settings of MOVEit storage provider
If you need to edit the existing settings for MOVEit provider, proceed as follows:
- In your Sitefinity CMS backend, navigate to Administration » Settings » Advanced.
- In the navigation pane on the left-hand side, expand Libraries » Blob storage » Blob storage providers » MOVEit.
- Expand Parameters and select any of the parameters that needs editing.
- Optionally, you can update the settings for the MOVEit blob storage type. Navigate to Libraries » Blob storage » Blob storage type » MOVEit and apply your changes.
- Click Save changes.
Configure forms to store files in MOVEit
After your MOVEit storage provider is configured, you can configure forms to have the associated library items transferred in MOVEit.
File uploads are stored in a dedicated library (per form) on User files page. The storage of those files depends on the blob storage configured for that library. The library blob storage can be changed at any time, which will execute a task for moving the files to the new storage. The implementation of the MOVEit storage provider enables you to transfer and store files directly in MOVEit.
To configure a form to store associated documents (file uploads) in MOVEit, proceed as follows:
- In your Sitefinity CMS backend, navigate to Administration » User files » System.
- Select the library of the form and from its Actions context menu, select Move to another storage.
- From Select a storage where this library is to be moved dropdown, select MOVEit.
- Click Move library.
The MOVEit blob storage provider is designed to handle uploading a file and generating a link to that file in MOVEit and is currently limited to the described integration scenario. Note that it does not implement the
In case you want to have control over the folder structure of the uploaded files in MOVEit, you can customize the path of the files - through extending
FormResponseFilePathStrategy. For more information, see Extend FormResponseFilePathStrategy.