Choices custom field
To add a custom field to a content item, perform the following:
Open the module where you want to add a custom field.
If you want to add a custom field for pages, in the main menu, click Pages.
For example, open the Images page or the Events page, or click Pages.
- In the right side of the screen, click Custom Fields link.
The <Content type> data fields page appears. The system displays a list of all custom and default fields for that content type or page.
For example, on News page, click Custom fields for news link and the News data fields page appears. On Pages page, click Custom fields.
NOTE: You can add and delete custom fields, but you cannot add or delete default fields.
- To add a custom field, in Custom fields section, click Add a field… button.
A window opens.
- In Type dropdown box, select Choices.
- Enter a name for the field.
The name of the field is different from its label. The name of the field serves as reference for that field in the backend.
- If you select Multiple choices can be selected checkbox, then the field becomes a checkbox field. If you leave it deselected - it is a radio buttons field or a dropdown box field, depending on the interface widget that you select in the next step.
- In Interface widget for entering data dropdown box, you select the widget which the creator or editor of the content item or page will use to complete the field.
The default widgets are Radio buttons or Dropdown list. If you have selected Multiple choices can be selected checkbox, the default widget is Checkboxes. All widgets display a list of choices with labels and instructions.
- Expand the Advanced section, if you want to change the database and the SQL database type of the custom field, if you want to specify the name of the column of the database table where the custom field is added, and if you want to make additional advanced settings.
If the Allow empty values checkbox is selected, it means that the field is not required and can be left empty. If you deselect it, the field becomes mandatory.
- Click Continue.
A window appears where you must configure the appearance of the custom field, such as labels and instructions.
Label and texts
On this tab, perform the following:
- In Label input field enter the label of the custom field.
For example, enter Select your favorite icecream.
- In Label column, enter all the choiced that you require.
You can add or delete choices
NOTE: Value is the unique name of each choice. It is not visible by users in the interface.
When finished, click Done.
The new field appears in the list of custom fields for the respective module.
If you want to delete a custom field, click .
Save your changes.