The social media that Sitefinity CMS supports as identity providers out-of-the-box include Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Twitter, LinkedIn, and GitHub.
To any all of these providers, you have to obtain the application ID and the application’s secret, provided by the external provider. For more information, refer to the documentation of the respective provider.
To configure a social media as an identity provider, perform the following:
- In Sitefinity CMS, navigate to Administration » Settings » Advanced.
- In the left pane, expand Authentication » SecurityTokenService » AuthenticationProviders.
- Select the provider that you want to configure.
- In Application Id field, enter the ID of the application that you have created in the respective provider.
- In Application Secret, enter the application secret key provided by the corresponding external provider.
- Select Enabled checkbox.
- Save your changes.
RESULT: Next time when the login screen is displayed, it will have a button that you can use to login with your respective social media account. For example, login with Facebook.