Content block widget
Use this widget to enter content directly in the widget, using the text editor and its features.
Place the widget on the page
You can place a Content block widget only inside a Section widget.
To do this, perform the following:
- Inside a column from the Section widget, click Add widget here…
- Select the Content tab.
- Click the Content block widget.
The widget is placed inside the selected column of the Section widget.
- Click Create content.
Create the desired content. You can use the formatting options of the text editor. You can type and format text, insert images, documents, and symbols, and paste already formatted text and tables from Microsoft Word.
For more information, see Text editor.
Advanced widget settings
To open the advanced settings, in the upper-right corner of the Content block widget page, click (Advanced settings)
- In Label, you can enter a specific name for this widget.
This name will be displayed in:
- The page editor as a label for the widget
- In the treeview with the page structure in the right pane of the page editor.
- In CSS class, you can enter individual CSS class for the Content block widget.
Expand Display settings.
In Margins, you can choose the margins between the text and the column where it is placed.
Choose from the predefined values of none, small, medium, or large.
In Paddings, you can configure the paddings that surround the content block.
Save your changes.
After you create the content of the Content block, you can share it. This way, it is stored in the Content blocks module and can be reused across other pages and other sites from your Sitefinity CMS instance.
A Content block that is not shared lives only on the page where it is created, while a shared Content block lives in the module and can live on many places.
Share a Content block
To share a Content block, perform the following:
- Open a block widget and enter its content.
- Save and exit the editing mode.
- In the New page editor, click the label of the Content block.
- Click More options - Share.
Enter a name for the Content block.
This name will be used to list the content block in the Content blocks module.
The label of the Content block widget changes to CONTENT BLOCK SHARED.
- Click Share content.
Use a shared Contend block
To use an existing Content block on a page, perform the following:
- Open the page for editing.
- Place the Content block widget on the page.
- Click the label of the Content block.
- Click More options - Use shared.
- Select the content provider where the shared Content block belongs.
- Select the Content block that you want to use.
- Click Use selected.