GUID custom field
The GUID custom field enables you to use GUIDs in your dynamic type. You can use the GUID custom field to interface with external systems which require GUIDs.
RECOMMENDATION: We recommend you not expose the GUID custom field to the content creators or end users and use them only programmatically.
PREREQUISITES: The GUID custom field is available only when you create dynamic content types. For more information, see Dynamic modules.
Create a GUID custom field
- Perform procedure Create custom fields » Step 1 to Step 5.
- Enter the name of the GUID field.
The name of the field is different from its label. The field's name serves as a reference for that field in the backend.
- In the Type dropdown box, select GUID (Globally unique identifier).
- If you deselect This is a hidden field checkbox, the custom field is visible on the website or in the backend. By default, the GUID field is hidden, and you can only use it in the code.
IMPORTANT: Once you create a hidden field, you cannot edit its properties. Make sure you have configured all its properties before finishing creating it.
- In the Interface widget for entering data dropdown box, you select the widget which the content item editor will use to complete the field.
The default widget is Textbox. It displays an input field with labels and instructions.
NOTE: This dropdown is hidden by default and shows only when you deselect the This is a hidden field checkbox.
- Expand the Advanced section if you want to change the SQL database type of the custom field or the name of the database table column where the custom field is added.
If you select the Allow empty values checkbox, the field is not required and can be left empty. If you deselect it, the field becomes mandatory.
- Click Done.
The new field appears in the Custom fields section.
If you want to delete a custom field, click .
- Click Finish.