You use the Events widget to display events on your website pages. You select what content to display and then specify how events are listed and displayed individually. The widget provides options to filter the displayed events based on various criteria.
PREREQUISITES: You created at least one event item. For more information, see Create events.
Select events to display
In the Content tab page, choose which events you want to display. Choose between the following options:
- All events
All events that are uploaded and published will be displayed in the list.
- Events by date... You can filter the displayed events, depending on their start and end date. Select one or more of the following:
- upcoming events...
Shows events witch starts in the future. You can additionally restrict event start by clicking Select button.
- current events
Only events that are currently in progress will be displayed.
- past events...
Shows events witch end is in the past. You can additionally restrict event end by choosing one of the predefined time intervals or choosing Custom range… to select a more specific time interval.
- Selected events...
A custom selection of events is displayed. To select one or more events, click the Select button.
Under Narrow selection you can further specify which events to display by choosing one of the following:
- All published events
This is selected by default and displays all events selected in the previous step.
- Filtered events by...
You can narrow the displayed events, using categories, tags and calendar. Select one or more of the following:
Select events from which calendar will be displayed.
Select categories from which to display events.
Select the tags by which to narrow down events that are displayed.
NOTE: You can select more than one filter and narrow down results using combinations of filters, for example by both categories and calendar.
List settings define how events are listed by the Events widget. Choose one of the following options:
- Use paging
Sitefinity divides the events into pages. In the input field, specify how many events per page to display.
- Use limit
Sitefinity CMS displays only a limited number of events. In the input field, specify how many events to display.
- No limit and paging
Sitefinity CMS displays all events that meet the requirements and filters you set in the Content tab.
- Sort events
By default, events are listed by start date and oldest are on top. You can select a different sorting criterion:
- Last published on top
- Last modified on top
- By Title (A-Z)
- By Title (Z-A)
- By start date (oldest on top)
- By start date (newest on top)
- As set manually
- As set in Advanced mode To sort the list of events by property that is not defined in the sort dropdown menu, you must add a new sorting expression in the designer’s Advanced mode. For example, to sort events using the Content property of the event, navigate to Advanced » Model and, for SortExpression, add Content ASC. As a result, in the sort dropdown menu, the As set in Advanced mode option is selected by default.
- List template Select the template you want to use to list events on the webpage.
- CSS classes Expand More options section to specify CSS file names and apply additional CSS classes to the Events widget. This CSS class will be applied while widget is in list mode.
Single item settings
Single item settings define how individual events are displayed. Choose one of the following options:
- Open single item in...
Select one of the following options:
- Detail template
Select the template you want to use to display the event's details on the webpage.
- CSS classes Expand More options section to specify CSS file names and apply additional CSS classes to the Events widget.
In Advanced settings, you specify individual properties of the widget:
Gets the ID of the page you selected in the Selected existing page... option in the Single item settings tab page.
Gets the template you selected in the Detail template dropdown menu in the Single item settings tab page.
Gets the template you chose in the List template dropdown menu in the List settings tab page.
Defines whether when you click on a event's title to open the detail view in the same page. The default value is True.
Model settings display all properties directly bound to the Events widget model. Access these properties by clicking the Model button in Advanced settings.