After you have uploaded a document into a Sitefinity CMS library, you can configure or modify various properties of the document.
To do this, perform the following:
- On Documents page, open the library where the document is located.
- Locate and click the document.
The Document properties page appears.
You can change the following properties:
Replace the document or change the title
- To replace the document, click (Document settings) button and then click Replace file.
You can use this button to replace the document with another one, in case you want to update a document without having to reconfigure anything else. This replaces the file for all translations that use this file.
- To use a different document for this translation, click (Document settings) and then click Replace file for current translation.
You can use this button to have different documents for the different language versions of your website.
- Change the title of the document, by entering a new title in Title input field.
- Change the library that the document belongs to by clicking (Edit) button and selecting the new library in the dropdown box that appears.
Edit document details
To add details to the document, expand Details section.
The following input fields appear:
Enter an author of the document or edit the existing one.
- Other details
Manage categories and tags
Change the categories and the tags that are assigned to the document, by expanding Categories and tags section.
For more information, see Classify content.
Edit document URLs
By expanding More options, you can change the following:
- The automatically generated URL of the document.
Under URL, click (Edit) and enter a new URL name.
- The additional URLs for the document.
Under Additional URLs, click (Add additional URL), enter the URLs one per line, and press ENTER.
Use the following convention
If you are using custom sources, you also must include the source and library in the URL -
- The URL to file
Under URL to file, click (Edit) and enter the URL that the file can be access through.
- The additional URLs to file
Under Additional URLs to file, click (Add additional URL), enter the URLs one per line, and press ENTER. Use the following convention
If you use custom sources also include the source and library in the URL -
Fill out Custom fields
If you have added any custom fields for documents, all created fields appear at the end in automatically generated section Custom fields.
For more information about creating custom fields and hiding default fields, see Custom fields
IMPORTANT: Some of the above fields may not be displayed when you edit the properties of a document because they have been hidden.