Problem: Could not change contact properties in your personalization page.
Most common causes for this issue are a disconnected connector or a disabled module.
Check whether all required modules are enabled
Your personalization may depend on one of the available connectors, but the connector may not be properly configured. For example, if you are using contact properties from Sitefinity Insight for personalization, the Connector for Sitefinity Insight module must be activated and you must be connected to Sitefinity Insight in Sitefinity CMS.
To check if all the necessary modules are enabled:
- In Sitefinity CMS backend, navigate to Administration » Modules and Services.
- Find the modules that you are using for your personalization.
If the module is active, check the other solutions in this article.
- If the module is inactive, expand the Actions link of the module and click Activate.
The module activated and you can check whether the user segment is now active.
Check whether connectors are still connected
Sitefinity CMS supports several connectors, such as the connectors for Sitefinity Insight, Marketo, and HubSpot. You can use information from these connectors for personalization. If you are using any of these connectors to improve your user segments in your personalization, these connectors must remain always connected. To check whether your connectors are still connected, perform the following:
- In Sitefinity CMS backend, navigate to Administration and click on the connector you are using.
- Check whether the connector is connected or not.
- If it is disconnected – connect it.