Read-only mode of configurations
PREREQUISITES: Your system must be in Auto-storage mode of configuration.
When the system is in Auto-storage mode, you can further apply restriction to modify configuration files. This is the most common scenario of a production website delivery process.
This way, you make changes to config files only on the development environment. On the staging and the live environment, this restriction should be applied, because changes in the config files in these environments would be lost during deployment process.
What is restricted
The types of restriction level are:
No restrictions. This is the default value. Ensure that this value is set on your local development environment.
Restricts writing to configuration files and hides pages from the backend UI used for modifying configurations. Following are some of the sections that are hidden from the UI:
- Administration » Settings & Configurations » Settings
- Administration » Settings & Configurations » Version & Licensing
- Administration » Tools » File manager
- Administration » Connectivity » Connector for Telerik BaaS
- Administration » Connectivity » Connector for SharePoint
- Administration » Connectivity » Connector for Marketo
- Administration » Connectivity » Connector for SalesForce
- Administration » Connectivity » Sitefinity Insight Connector
- Settings links on pages are hidden in News, Blogs, Events, Forums, Images, Videos, Documents list, Lists, Web services, Sitemap
- SiteSync module is not active
Turn Read-only mode on and off
You can do this in the following way:
- Open you
- Add or delete the
restrictionLevel in section
<telerik> in the following way:
- Save and close the
Override the restriction level
You can override the restriction level when it is turned on, but you intentionally wants to change a config file. Use
UnrestrictedModeRegion in the following way: