Manage and search users
Manage user roles
- To assign users to a role, perform the following:
- Select the users you want to assign and click Assign to role… button.
The Assign users to dropdown box appears.
- Select the role to which you want to assign the selected users and click Assign button.
If the user is already assigned to the role, the system displays an error message.
If you want to create a new role, see Administration: Create and delete roles.
- To unassign users from a role, perform the following:
- Select the users you want to unassign and click Unassign from role… button.
The Unassign users from dropdown box appears.
- Select the role from which you want to unassign users and click Unassign button.
If the user is not assigned to the role, the system displays an error message.
Change user details
- To change details of a user, on Users page, click the username of the user.
The Edit user page appears, where you can perform the following changes:
- Change the name details of the user.
- Add comments or description for this user.
- Define whether the user can access the site backend.
- Change the roles to which the user is assigned by selecting and deselecting them.
- Change the email of the user
- Reset the password of the user.
The system generates a temporary password for the user and sends it to their email address.
- When you are finished making changes, click Save changes button.
Log out a user
You log out a logged in user in the following way:
- On Users page, click the user who must be logged out.
The Edit user page appears.
- In the right side of the page, click Force logout link.
The link appears only if a user is logged in.
A dialog box appears where you must confirm the logout.
You can find users using the Search button in the toolbar of the Users page.
The search searches in the following user fields:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
The search query that you enter would return results that start with your query.
The search is case-insensitive.
For performance reasons, the search results list is limited to 200 results.
NOTE: You can search in a specific membership provider or search in all provides at the same time. The search works for all membership providers, as long as their first name, last name, and email address fields are mapped to the respective Sitefinity CMS fields.