Sitefinity CMS NuGet packages repository
NuGet is a package manager for .NET that is free and open source. Visual Studio has a built-in NuGet extension. With NuGet you can produce and consume packages.
Sitefinity CMS supports NuGet packages and has a public repository.
For more information about using NuGet packages, see Managing NuGet Packages.
To download and use NuGet packages, visit Sitefinity NuGet Repository.
Using Sitefinity NuGet Packages
Clear the NuGet cache files. To do this:
- In Windows Explorer, open the %localappdata%\NuGet\Cache folder.
- Select all files and delete them.
Add Sitefinity NuGet Server
To add Sitefinity NuGet Server as a package source in Visual Studio:
- In Visual Studio, navigate to Tools » Options » NuGet Package Manager » Package Sources.
- To add new source, click the plus (+) button.
- In the respective input field, enter the following data:
- To save your changes, click OK.
Install NuGet packages
- In Visual Studio, from the context menu of your project choose Manage NuGet Packages…
- Expand the Online node and click Sitefinity NuGet Server.
- Browse for each of the packages required for your application.
Install each package.
- Close the window.
All assemblies references are added to the project references.
Upgrade NuGet packages
Each class library in a Sitefinity project has:
- a number of NuGet packages installed
- packages.config file
The packages.config file lists details regarding the ID and version of each NuGet package in the project. Upon building the project, each NuGet package is restored to the version specified in the packages.config file.
When there is a new version of Sitefinity, you can upgrade the NuGet packages, installed in your project, to their newer versions.
To upgrade the NuGet packages:
- In Visual Studio, navigate to View » Other Windows » Package Manager Console.
Run the following command for each class library: Update-Package <PackageName> -Version <Version> -Source http://nuget.sitefinity.com/nuget
EXAMPLE: Update-Package Telerik.Sitefinity.All -Version 7.0.5109.0 -Source http://nuget.sitefinity.com/nuget
NOTE: If you are upgrading your Sitefinity CMS to a newer version, which requires additional changes to the web.config file, check the Upgrade procedure.
For more information about creating a Sitefinity CMS project using NuGet packages see: Create a project using Nuget packages
For more information about upgrading your Sitefinity CMS website using NuGet packages refer to: Upgrade a project with NuGet package.