Document link widget
Use this widget to display a link to a single document on your page. You can choose a document from the already uploaded or upload a new document.
After you have dragged the Document link widget on your page you must configure it to display a link to a document.
- To do this, click Edit button in the upper-right corner of the widget.
The Document window appears.
- Choose between the following:
- Select document
The system displays recent documents.
NOTE: You can also search for a document by its name. If you are searching for a document that has language versions, you can enable the option to get search results that include the document, even though it may be in a language different than the one currently selected. For more information, see Administration: Enable multilingual search results in media libraries.
- In the right side of the window, select the library where the document you want to display is located.
The system displays all documents and libraries in this library.
You can display all uploaded documents by clicking All document or other files.
For more information, see Documents and files.
- Click the document you want to display.
- Click Done.
- Upload document
- To upload a document, drag and drop it in the window or click Select document or other file from your computer, browse your computer to find the document you want to upload and click Open.
You can select only one document.
- In Library, select the library where you want to put the document, by clicking Change.
The tree with all created libraries appears. Select the library and click Done.
NOTE: If you want to store the document in a new library, you must create it. To do this, click Create new library.
- You can change the Title of the document.
- Change the categories and the tags which the document is assigned to, by clicking Categories and tags.
For more information, see Add categories and tags to content items.
- If you have added any custom fields for documents, all created fields, appear after the Categories and tags section.
For more information about creating custom fields and hiding default fields, see Overview: Custom fields.
NOTE: Some of the above fields may not be displayed when you upload a document, if the view has been modified. To modify the view, click Administration » Settings » Advanced » ContentView » DocumentsBackend » Views » SingleDocumentUploadDetailsView » Sections.
- Click Upload.
- NOTE: If you are using multiple site management and the Libraries module uses data sources from more than one site, you must first choose the source from which you want to display documents or where a document, uploaded from your computer, will be saved.
To do this, use the dropdown button in the upper-right corner of the window.
For more information, see Multisite: Manage multiple sites.
- To change the selected document, click Change document button and perform Step 2.
- To edit the document, click Edit all properties.
The Edit properties window opens. Perform procedure Edit the properties of documents and files.
- Click Settings tab.
- In Display icons radio button, select what kind of icon you want to display with the document link.
- When you are finished, click Save.
The Document window closes and the Document link widget is configured to display the file you have selected.
NOTE: If your site is multilingual and the page you are editing is synchronized with another translation, when you edit the widget, the Save to all translations button appears. If you click it, the current widget configuration will be saved to all translations, else, if you click Save, the widget configuration is saves only to the current translation, but the pages are still synchronized. If your pages are synchronized, you can have different widget configurations, but you cannot have different widgets.
For more information about advanced configuration options, see Advanced configuration of widgets.