Use the CSS widget to apply Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to
your page. CSS are used to style your webpage in terms of font, colors,
RECOMMENDATION: We recommend that you use the CSS widget to set only page specific CSS. To set CSS to the entire website, we recommend you to use themes.
To apply a CSS to your page, perform the following:
- Drag the CSS widget anywhere on the page and click Edit button in the upper-right corner of the widget.
The CSS window appears.
NOTE: If you add CSS widget
in a page template, the CSS file is applied to all the pages that use
this template. If you add it on one particular page, the CSS file is
applied only to this page.
- Add the CSS code in one of the following ways:
- If the CSS file (files with .css extension) you want to apply is already uploaded, on Link to a CSS file tab, in URL input field, enter the URL of an already uploaded CSS file.
Click Select…button, browse the uploaded files to select the CSS file you want to apply, and click Done.
- If you want to add custom CSS code, on Write CSS tab, enter the CSS code in the textbox.
- In Media radio button, select the media type for which the embedded CSS is intended.
Select one of the following:
Includes all types of media
- Select media types…
A list of checkboxes appears.
For more information about different media types, see World Wide Web Consortium specifications » Media types » 7.3 Recognized media types.
- When you are finished, click Save.
The CSS window closes and the system embeds the link to the CSS file or the code you have written in the head tag of the page.