Use PayPal Payments Standard payment processor
When you have chosen PayPal Payment Standard as a payment method's payment processor in Create payment methods, you should configure and run a successful test before you move to a live configuration.
Setting up a test configuration
Create a PayPal Payment Standard account, as follows:
- Connect to www.paypal.com and create a business account.
- Login to https://developer.paypal.com using your PayPal account.
- From your PayPal dashboard open My Apps & Credentials page.
- Under REST API apps, open Default Application.
If you do not have a default application available, follow PayPal’s instructions and create a sandbox account and an application.
- In the SANBOX API CREDENTIALS section, copy the Client ID and the Secret.
- In Sitefinity CMS backend, navigate to Ecommerce » Payment methods.
- Click Create a payment method.
- Fill out the Name field.
- Under Payment processor, select PayPal Payments Standard.
- Paste the sandbox Client ID and Secret ID that you received from PayPal.
- To confirm your settings and create the payment method, click Create this payment method.
After you configure your Sitefinity CMS Ecommerce widgets and setup a test page, you can use and test this payment method.
Transitioning to a live configuration
After you have tested PayPal Payments Standard and you are ready to move your website into production, configure the payment method to work in live mode, as follows:
- Select the Mode: live option.
- Fill out credentials assigned to a live PayPal account.
- Click Save Changes.